Conflict With “Cache” Related Plugins
DAP Now Works With WP Super Cache
If you’re having weird issues – like members logging in and seeing other people’s profile information, or logging in as a valid user and being told “Sorry, you don’t have access to this content” – then it’s probably because of a “cache” plugin.
Do not use cache plugins on your membership site
DAP now fully works with WP Super Cache (and possibly other cache plugins too).
You just need to make sure that you exclude your member content (including the login page) from being cached.
Cleaning Up After Your Cache Plugin
Follow the steps below to clean up some the junk left behind by cache plugins (regardless of whether you see them in your plugins section, and regardless of whether they are currently active).
1) You wish to disable your cache plugin that is currently enabled
2) You previously had one enabled at some point in the past
3) You don’t believe you ever had a cache plugin enabled in the past
4) You were redirected to this page by the DAP support team because of potential caching-related issues
- De-activate the plugin if it is still active
- Open your wp-config.php file.
- If there are lines in there that look like this…
define(‘WP_CACHE’, true); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
define( ‘WPCACHEHOME’, ‘/home/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/’ ); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
- Then comment out both lines, by adding a “//” at the beginning of each line, like this.
- //define(‘WP_CACHE’, true); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
//define( ‘WPCACHEHOME’, ‘/home/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/’ ); //Added by WP-Cache Manager
- Go to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder. See if there’s a folder in there called “cache”. If yes, then rename it to “_cache”.
Now re-test whatever the issue was before, and it would have probably been resolved now.
That should do it.
If the issue still persists, let us know via a support ticket.
Well that sucks because my website without cacheing loads like moloassis and all the members are complaining! Is there another solution? Some sort of superpowered hosting? I’ve found that with the W3 Total Cache plugin and CDN, there has been a noticeable improvement in the site’s load speed.