- Your autoresponder or broadcast emails are not going out (hourly cron job dap-cron.php)
- Your Affiliates aren’t being credited with sales (hourly cron job dap-cron.php)
- Your 1SiteAutomation/1ShoppingCart Orders are not being processed. (10-minute cron job dap-emailorder.php)
One possible solution is that your cron job(s) aren’t running correctly.
DAP has two cron jobs. One that runs once an hour (dap-cron.php), and one that runs every 10 minutes (dap-emailorder.php).
You can see how to set them up here.
But in this post, we will see how to make sure your cron is actually set up correctly, or if it’s running correctly.
How To Know If Cron Is Running
- Go to System > Logs and click on “Empty Logs”. That will fully clear out all logs.
- Go to Setup > Config and set “Log Level” to “Log All Activity (during troubleshooting)” and click “Update“.
- Wait for the top of the hour for the hourly cron job to run. So if the time when you’re doing this, is say 11:20 AM, then wait for 12:00 Noon. If time is 3:45 PM, then wait for 4:00 PM.
- A few minutes past the top of the hour and go back to the System > Logs screen.
- If you see hundreds of lines of text in the logs, then that means your cron job is running correctly. If you only see maybe 10-20 lines of text, then your cron job is NOT running correctly, and you need to make sure the cron job is actually set up correctly.