How To Directly Sign-up Affiliates
Now please note that every member is automatically enrolled as an affiliate. Which means, that the moment they become a member, they are also an affiliate by default. So your members are all automatic affiliates, and if you wish to create a page for them where they can get their own unique affiliate link and affiliate stats, then you can create an “Affiliate Info” page as explained here.
However, there may be times when you wish to directly sign up affiliates – those who may not be or become actual members, or those who you do not expect to buy anything just to become an affiliate (like your JV partners or super-affiliates), or simply those whose help you want in promoting your site, but don’t wish to give them any content access.
In those cases, here’s how you can create a direct affiliate sign-up form for JV partners and super-affiliates.
Using an “Affiliate Signup Page”
1) Create a new DAP Product called “Affiliates”
2) Select the product in DAP products page and set “Allow Free Signup?” to “Yes“.
In the price&recurring tab (DAP products page), set “Is this a FREE product (that has FREE content)?” to “Yes”.
3) Use the product’s “Generate “Free Signup” Form Code“, and publish it on any page of your web site. Let’s call this the “Affiliate Signup Page”
4) Now this form has 2 fields: First name & Email. Anyone can sign up via this form by entering their first name and email id, and DAP will create an account for them, and they will have access to one product, which is “Affiliates”
It’s then up to you whether you want to publicly link to this “Affiliate Signup Page” from your home page (using text that says “Affiliates, Click here to sign-up”). Or if you don’t wish to allow anyone and everyone to be able to sign up as an affiliate – and subsequently signing up through their own affiliate link (of course, they’ll use someone else’s name during the purchase 😉 – then don’t make this page public. And email the link only to your future partners or affiliates.
Manually adding Affiliates from the backend
1) Log in to DAP Admin Dashboard
2) Go to Users > Add
3) In the “Add New User” table, enter the affiliate’s first name, last name (optional), select the product “Affiliates” (which you must have created previously), and add them to that product.