We’re about to launch DAP v3.9 which has some really cool new features packed into it! Here’s what is coming in 3.9…
This is by far the most exciting feature in 3.9. I don’t think even we, the developers of DAP, have been this excited about a new feature in the longest time! 🙂
This is going to completely ROCK your membership world.
Now, with just a few clicks of the mouse, you can completely automate your Forum management, and do some really slick stuff like…
* “Silver” Members get posting access only to the following vB forums…
– General Discussions
* “Gold” members get access to all above, plus the forum “Puppy Potty Training Tips”. So they get access to the following vB forums…
– General Discussions
– Puppy Potty Training Tips
* “Platinum” members get access to ALL of the forums above, PLUS some premium forums, like “Joint Ventures”, “Starting Your Own Dog Business”, “Premium Support”, and more. So they get access to…
– General Discussions
– Puppy Potty Training Tips
– Joint Ventures
– Platinum Mastermind
– Starting Your Own Dog Business
– Premium Support
And then you can add some more rules like…
Both Gold & Silver can just VIEW the “Premium Support” forums, but cannot POST anything.
And Gold & Silver CANNOT even VIEW the “Joint Ventures”, “Platinum Mastermind”, “Starting Your Own Dog Business”.
See how insanely powerful this can get?
Sure, you could have a forum with WP-based forum plugins like bbPress and Simple:Press too.
But comparing those WP forums to vBulletin? That’s like putting a kid who’s just completed one month of boxing lessons, in a ring with Mike Tyson right after someone said something mean about his mother!
And can you imagine what it would do to your “retention rate”, when you tell your members that if they cancel their subscription, they will lose access to the entire community of like minded people?
And to think that we’re just scratching the surface of monetizing forums here.
The vBulletin forum software is so rich in rules and user roles, and the DAP integration with vB is so tight that you could start just a “Forums Only” membership site and charge just for access to your forums!
Imagine creating a one-time product where for $10, they get to post in a “Special Offers” forum where they can advertise their product or service?
Or how about charging $10 to post in a forum called “Outsourcing”, where they can advertise their need to hire someone either for both long-term and short-term projects? It would be free to view for everyone, but you have to pay-to-post]
Now you can send out HTML email in your welcome emails, double-optin emails, autoresponder emails and broadcast emails. Of course, you still get to send out a “text” version of that same email, so that those email clients which cannot handle HTML (we really can’t think of any, though) can still show your member the “text” version. Pretty cool stuff.
Now if someone sends you a check in the mail, there is a way to directly enter the “payment amount” into the sytem. This is awesome on many levels:
1) Your DAP Dashboard reports now show you your earnings more accurately (previously, it didn’t know about the “offline” payments)
2) Because now there is a “manual” order in the system, DAP knows how much to pay the affiliate who referred the member. So Joe Customer clicks on Jill Affiliate‘s affiliate link, arrives at your web site, calls you up and says he doesn’t have a credit card or Paypal account, and would like to send you a check. Then you get a check in the mail. You add Joe manually through the DAP Dashboard (this is already possible). Then you now add a new transaction into the system manually, that Joe Customer paid you $100. Then when Joe Customer logs into your system, Jill’s affiliate link kicks in, DAP knows now that Joe paid $100, and Jill’s commission is 20% (what you have set as the admin).
So Jill now gets paid $20, which wouldn’t have been possible before!
And what’s EVEN more cool, is that if you really want to be super awesome to your affiliates (which we highly recommend you do :-), then you can even enter transactions retroactively – even from 2 years ago – and all of your affiliates will now suddenly start seeing commissions for customers they referred a long time ago, but never really got paid because you had no way of entering the offline transactions into the system.
Is that awesome? Or is that AWESOME? 🙂
Joe Customer purchased a product. He doesn’t seem to have been referred by any affiliate. Then you get an email from Jill – “Hey guys, I just referred my cousin Joe to your product using my affiliate link. He says he purchased it, but I never got any commissions. Can you please look into this?”
Previously, the only way to make sure Jill got the credit for Joe, was a slightly long-winded (and boring) manual process (which we won’t go into here), which really wasn’t hard to do, but still took you about 5 minutes.
Starting 3.9, it’s going to take you 5 seconds!
We have features that are even more exciting (something that’s not going to be easy to do, after the vBulletin launch!) planned for DAP 4.0!
* “N” tier affiliate program (psst… you read that right, not “2-tier”, not “3-tier” – but “N” tier- which means as many levels as you want, and each new tier with a different commission percentage!)
* Coupon Codes
And lots more…. (we can’t tell you just yet, because otherwise our competitors may steal our ideas 😉
Ok, now you know why we’re so excited about DAP 3.9.
So do let us know what you think in the comments section below.
And be sure to also subscribe to this post – because we’re going to shortly publish a video right here showing you some of the new features, as well as announce a pre-launch call that you’re not going to want to miss.
– Veena Prashanth & Ravi Jayagopal
With this license, you can install and use DAP only on web sites you ow (as an individual or business entity).
This includes (but not restricted to)…
1) You CANNOT use it for a “JV” (say a partnered membership site) with another business owner. Example: You tell your partner, “You bring the content, I’ll bring the membership software”. Not allowed.
2) You CANNOT use it for your clients’ web sites, say, if you are a web , designer or virtual assistant (or perform any kind of services for clients).
3) You CANNOT redistribute, re-purpose, re-package the license in any way whatsoever. It is strictly to be used only on sites you own.
4) If you want to install DAP for clients, feel free to use your own affiliate link to purchase a license on their behalf, and you can bill them separately. Don’t forget to use a unique email id when purchasing a license on somebody’s behalf, so that we can track it as a new sale and give you the correct affiliate credit for the sale. Or you could also simply give your affiliate link to your client, and ask them to sign-up for DAP using that link.
5) When you buy this license for yourself, installation is free only for the first web site. Additional installations can be purchased for just $19.97 per installation, or you could do it yourself.
* When you purchase the unlimited license, you own the license for life. But you get free support and updates for 6 months.
* While the software itself will never expire, your ability to get free support and upgrades does expire after 6 months. At which time, you may sign up for our extremely affordable Upgrades & Support program. But again, this is optional. You don’t have to sign up for anything or pay us another penny ever again if you don’t want support or upgrades after 6 months.
You can upgrade your license to a bigger license (say, “1-site” to “3-site” – or “3-site” to “Unlimited”) at any time by just paying the difference.
Please note that if you upgrade, your “Free Support/Free Upgrades” dates will not be extended.
They will stay the same as your original license purchase.
The following is relevant to you only if you are “Upgrading” DAP from an earlier version. (What’s new in 2.0? )
Here’s how to upgrade to the new version:
1. Download the zip file (from your member home page) and unzip to desktop. You should now see a folder by name “dap” on your desktop.
2. OVERWRITE the contents of your current “dap” folder on your site with the contents of the new “dap” folder on your desktop.
3. Visit the following link and login as admin:
http://YourSite.com/dap/ and follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: Replace YourSite.com with your actual domain name.