Affiliate Commissions For Offline Payments
DAP is one of the very few membership platforms that will let affiliates earn commissions on offline payments too.
And in fact, DAP will credit affiliates for not just offline payments, but for any payments that you accepted outside of the payment options listed on your web site.
So, for example, you’re using Paypal and Authorize.net buttons on your site. And someone wants to send you a check (cheque) in the mail, or they want to send you money via Western Union, or wire transfer, or they call you and you accept their credit card information by phone, or any other such offline methods.
In this case, DAP can still give credit to the right affiliate for the sale. Here’s how…
1) Add Manual Transaction
- First you add the user manually, by going to DAP Admin > Users > Add.
- Once you’ve added them to the product, come back to DAP Admin > Users > Manage.
- Search for the user by email
- On the user data row for that Product, initially, under Trans Id column, it will show PAID (see image below)
- Step 1: Enter a manual transaction by clicking on Add Trans (which stands for “Add Transaction”). That will record your offline payment in DAP. So now there’s an actual payment associated with that user’s sign up.
- When you click on the “Add Trans” link, you will see a small popup appear (see image below) that allows you to manually enter an order. So if the offline payment was for say $97, then you would enter “97” or “97.00” in the “Order Amount” field and click on “Submit”.
- Once you’ve entered a manual order, the “Trans Id” column will change from “PAID” to an actual transaction id.
By this time, the user would’ve received their “Welcome Email” from DAP, which will have their login info to log in to your site.
And when they log in, if they have an affiliate cookie set in their browser (which they would, if they had clicked on an affiliate link at some point before they contacted you and asked you about a non-standard, offline payment method), then when they first log in to your member’s area, DAP will pick up the referring affiliate’s id from the affiliate cookie, and give credit to them for the sale.
And when the DAP hourly cron runs at the top of the next hour, that affiliate will be credited with any commissions that you’ve set up for that product.