Moving DAP From One Host (or Domain) To Another
NOTE: We do not provide support for server or domain moves as part of Standard DAP Support that you get with your purchase of DAP. Please see our Terms Of Support which explains why. If you want our help with moving a DAP installation, you may purchase Premium Support slots from http://DigitalAccessPass.com/buynow.php#store (see “Installations & Support” tab)
Moving a DAP installation
DAP does not store the domain name anywhere in the database. So if you want to move an existing installation to a new domain, the only place where you need to change your domain name in the DAP installation (if you’re moving across domains) is in the dap-config.php file.
Moving a DAP installation consists of basically moving the files, and moving the database. Only 2 components.
- Log in to your web hosting control panel, go to “phpMyAdmin”, select your WordPress database (which is where the DAP tables are also installed, by default)
- Do an “Export” of just the DAP tables. Select the “SQL” option and select “Save as File”. All DAP database tables start with the text “dap_”. Save this file on your desktop – let’s say you call it “dapexport.sql” (it could also be “dapexport.txt” – does not matter what the exact extension is – .txt or .sql).
- Make a back up of the dap-config.php file (located in the “dap” directory on your old site/domain) on your desktop
- At your new site, install WordPress (if not already installed)
- Log in to your web hosting control panel of your new site, go to “phpMyAdmin”, select your WordPress database, go to the “SQL” tab, open the export file from above (dapexport.sql), copy the contents, paste into the SQL tab and hit “Go”. All dap data from your old site is now on your new site.
- Copy the database credentials (db name, db username, dp password and db host) from your new blog’s “wp-config.php” to the “dap-config.php” file stored on your desktop.
- If you’re also changing domain names, then open dap-config.php, and modify SITE_URL_DAP to point to your new domain name.
- Upload all dap files to your new site (don’t do full installation – just upload the files).
- Upload the DAP-WP-LiveLinks folder to wp-content/plugins/
- Upload the modified dap-config.php file from your desktop to the “dap” folder on your new site.
- Log in as WP admin, and activate the DAP-WP-LiveLinks plugin. It should give you a warning that DAP is already installed. That’s ok – that’s what we want it to say.
- That’s it. DAP is now moved over from your old site to your new site.
- Log into your DAP Dashboard using your old DAP admin login info, and you’re all set.
I’m in a catch-22 situation w/ a DAP move: I’ve got my license key for the newly moved DAP, but I can’t log into admin to set the license key because there is no license key! How do I get around this?!