Making Affiliate Payments
DAP’s affiliate program works the same regardless of which DAP-supported payment processor or shopping cart you’re using.
DAP does not directly make any affiliate payments. Instead, at the beginning of each month (or however often you wish to pay your affiliates), with one click on the Affiliates > Run Reports page, DAP will give you a list of all affiliates to whom payment is due, and the actual amount due to each one of them.
The format of the payment list that DAP provides you with, is already “Paypal Mass-Pay Ready” – which means, you could simply upload the file that DAP gives you, upload it to your Paypal account, and then pay all affiliates in one click (details further below).
Or if you don’t wish to pay by Paypal, and wish to use any other form of offline payment (like sending them a physical “check” in the mail, doing wire-transfers, etc), you’re free to use any external means for paying your affiliates. Once you have paid (by Paypal, or other external means), you just come back to DAP and mark all those affiliates as “Paid” – which is when DAP actually reports to all of those affiliates that a payment has been sent to them. Until the actual payment is made, they only see that they are owed a certain amount.
How To Pay Your Affiliates In DAP
1) Go to “Affiliates > Reports”
2) Click on “Pay Affiliates as of mm-dd-yyyy” on the right/top part of the page (in older versions of DAP, this would be called “View Due Payments as of mm-dd-yyyy“)
3) DAP will bring up a list of affiliates to be paid. Click on “Export affiliates for payment”
4) DAP will create an export of only those affiliates. Only those affiliates can be paid now, as per DAP.
5) You take the exported list that DAP gives you. Pay them via Paypal MassPay (details in the next section below).
6) Once you’ve actually sent them the payment via Paypal, come back to “Affiliates > Reports“, pick the previously exported list from “Mark affiliates from ……. as Paid” drop down (your last un-paid export will be shown in the drop-down list).
7) Mark that export as “Paid”.
Making Payments Via Paypal Mass-Pay
1. Copy all of the text from export field that DAP provides you with, and save it as a text file on your desktop, with a file name like, say, “February 2012 Commissions.txt”
2. Log in to your Paypal account
3. Click on “Send Money”
4. Click on”Make a Mass Payment”
5. Upload previously saved text file on this next screen.
You may also enter a custom subject and body for the email that Paypal will send to all those receiving a payment.
6. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions and hit “Send”, and you will see a confirmation from Paypal that your payment has been scheduled.
At this point, the money would have already been debited from your Paypal account.
Soon thereafter (usually within 10 minutes), Paypal would’ve actually deposited your payments in to the affiliates’ Paypal accounts.