Testing Autoresponder And Broadcast Emails
Here’s how you test emails in the system before making them live.
Testing Autoresponder Emails
- Create a test DAP Product called “Test Product”
- Set up the email drip for this product
- Give yourself (or a new test user, but with a real email id that belongs to you) access to this DAP Product on the Users > Manage page (for existing users) or Users > Add page for new users
- Run the hourly-cron manually, by going to http://YourSite.com/dap/dap-cron.php . That should send out the day 1 drip for that test user.
- Go to Users > Manage page, and back-date the Access Start Date for this test user for the test product, back by one day. So DAP now thinks he bought the product “Yesterday”.
- Now run the cron manually again. This time, DAP will send out the day #2 drip for this user.
- So every time, move the user’s access start date back by as many days as you want, to trigger that day’s autoresponder email. And each time run the cron manually.
Testing Broadcast Emails
- Create a test DAP Product called “Test Product” (or if you have previously created one above, then use the same one)
- Add 3-4 test users to this product
- On the Emails > Broadcast page, schedule a broadcast email to be sent to “All Users of Product <<Test Product>>”
- Run the hourly-cron manually, by going to http://YourSite.com/dap/dap-cron.php . That should send out the broadcast to that test product.
- Log in to the email id’s of all the test users that you added to this product, and make sure the email arrived in the inbox.