vBulletin FAQ / Usecases
1) Can I import my existing vB users to DAP with their existing vB username ?
Sure. If you want to import your existing VB users to DAP, then you can go to DAP Add Users ->Bulk-Add Multiple Users To A Product and add the users to be imported in CSV format.
Format: Email, First Name, Last Name (optional), User Name (optional – used for VB only)
email@example.com,joe,,smith (here lastname is empty)
firstname.lastname@example.org,joe,smith,joesmith2 (here lastname = smith and username=joesmith2)
email@example.com,joe (here both lastname and username are empty)
firstname.lastname@example.org,joe,smith (here username is empty)
When you complete the bulk add, these users will be added to DAP System -> Job Queue. When the DAP cron runs at the top of the hour, it will add these users to DAP and sync to VB.
You can manually run cron by clicking on this link in the browser – http://www.yoursite.com/dap/dap-cron.php
Note: Replace yoursite.com above with the name of your site
Make sure you setup the FORUM rules in DAP Product -> VB forum Mapping BEFORE you import the users to DAP.
2) Can I configure DAP to automatically create users in vB when they purchase a membership product?
Sure. In /dap/dap-config.php, update the following setting to “Y”
define (‘AUTO_CREATE_VB_ACCOUNT_UPON_DAP_REG’, ‘Y’);
If the value is not set to “Y”, then by default DAP will NOT auto-create user accounts in VB.
If the value is set to “Y”, then this is how it will work.
1. When a new user is created in DAP, DAP will try to use the user’s firstname.lastname to create a VB user account automatically for the user.
2. If in step #1, DAP was able to successfully create / sync username to VB, then the username will also be updated in DAP.
You can check that in DAP profile page (click on User’s fullname in DAP manager users page to go to user’s profile settings).
3. If in step #1, DAP was NOT able to successfully create / sync username (= firstname.lastname) to VB (because the username was already taken by another user), then the username will be empty in DAP. You can check that in DAP profile page.
4. If the username is already set in DAP, then the user CANNOT change it.
5. If the username is already set in DAP, then the user can request the DAP Admin to change it.
6. The DAP admin can change an existing user’s vB username by going to DAP admin panel -> Manage Users -> Click on users fullname -> it will bring admin to the users profile page -> admin can update username to a different username
– if the username is being changed to an username that already exists in VB and is tied to the SAME email id as the one in DAP, then DAP will just sync the user to VB using the forum rules defined in DAP
– if the username is being changed to an username that already exists in VB but is tied to a DIFFERENT email id and DOES NOT match the one in DAP, then DAP will report an error that the new username is already in use (by a different user). It will not sync the user.
– if the username is blanked out in DAP, then it will be blanked out just in DAP. DAP will not erase the VB username/account.
Hope this helps.
If there are any issues:
Set DAP Setup -> config -> log level to 5
Go TO System -> logs -> Empty Log Content
Rerun the test case.
Send us the log snippet (from DAP system -> logs) for troubleshooting.