“ProductLinks” Widget: Product-Specific Content
You already know that you can create a “My Content” kind of page within WordPress, that will list all products that a user has access to, and then each product will list the content that they currently have access to (content that has already dripped on them).
But this page is a full-summary of all products, all listed on one page.
Instead, if you wished to create product-specific download pages, where you create a separate page for each product, that lists all the content within just that product alone, then that’s where DAP’s “ProductLinks” Widget comes in handy.
Here’s how you set it up.
- In WordPress admin, go to “Appearance > Widgets” and enable the “DAP ProductLinks” widget by dragging it onto a widgetized section of your theme’s sidebar.
- As soon as you do that, the DAP ProductLinks widget will show up in your blog’s side bar.
- By default, each of the product names – like “Gold Membership” in the above example – will link to whatever URL you put into the “Post-Login URL” for that particular product (DAP Dashboard > Products > Manage). So the next step is to create a separate page for each product, and then enter the permalink for this new page, into the Post-Login URL of that Product within DAP.
- Create a new page in WordPress – call it, “Gold Membership Content” (for example). In the body of the page, enter the following DAP merge tag:%%PRODUCT_DETAILS_<id>%%
Replace the entire text <id> with the actual Product id from DAP (Products > Manage)
So, if the product’s id is 6 in DAP, then the merge code becomes:
Save the page. And if you gave the page the title “Gold Membership Content”, then the permalink for this page will be:
- Take the above permalink and enter it into the product “Gold Membership” in the “Post-Login URL” field. That’s it!
- Do the above for all products and you’re done.
- For each product that your member buys, the “Your Products” widget will show in the side-bar.
- It will list all of the products that the member has purchased.
- Each of the product names will link to it’s own specific content page
- When member goes to that page, the DAP merge tag you entered for that product will expand into product details and product-specific content links just for that product.